First Impressions - Kodak EasyShare DX7440

Wow! I've been waiting for this thing to come. It should reach my doorstep as US Parcel Mail parcel though, Sri Lankan postal service as usual had kept it at customs and asked me to come and collect it. I had to pay an additional Rs.170 for clearence.

Anyway no fuss. My beauty came safe and sound.

My initial impressions about this Kodak EasyShare DX7440 Digital Camera came positive.

If I talk about the cons at first. The camera's finish is not on far with say any of SONYs' or Nikons', Jog dial lock is cumbersome to operate, unlock. Connector lid was horrible to lift and connect the cables. I am sure it will be the first thing to break if any. The LCD was protruding out and it could easy hit with something and get cracked. Zoom buttons are beside the shutter you can't zoom and shoot. Should have been somewhere near the thumb wheel instead. Grip is not so good even though they've provided a rubber finish for the hold. Pictures were darker than what they appear on the LCD in low light conditions.

Pro are little but very notable. Whoa! The 2.2" LCD is owesome. Bright and crispy. Overall responsiveness is very good to compromise all the cons. Videos are good and can shoot in VGA resolution with sound. Focusing is very good even on night scenes. Flash reaches an extra mile. 4x optical zoom also a plus thing but will result blury pictures if not use with caution. (tripod)

Meanwhile, It is worth mentioning about the seller at eBay who sent this to me. Named Sonchai, Prompt response and excellent communication I really valued in this guy. He even sent me, a casing, LCD protector which wasn't even mentioned in the original auction for a nominal fee. He is also one of the very few guys who ships eBay items directly to Sri Lanka. It is a good buy for me. Thanks Sonchai.

Meanwhile I am crazy to play with my new cam, gotta go...




0 comments:

Post a Comment